Community resources to educate and inform.
Research on the Reducing Sexism and Violence Program (RSVP®)
- Evaluating a Gender Transformative Violence Prevention Program for Middle School Boys, V. L. Banyard et al.
- Executive Summary of the study
MBTM in the News
- An NBC News article, featuring an interview with our team. The article discusses the disturbing rates of mass shootings in our country and their relation to the way we raise our boys.
- ED Heidi Randall on It’s Your Voice, speaking about how men and boys can help prevent male violence.
TED Talks and Short Videos
- Matthew Theodores and Oronde Cruger: Modern Masculinity (TEDxDirigo)
- Caige Jambor: How Social-Emotional Learning Benefits Everyone
- Tony Porter: A Call to Men (12 minutes)
- Michael Kimmel: Why Gender Equality is Good for Everyone
- Jackson Katz: Violence Against Women: It’s a Men’s Issue
- Joe Ehrmann: Be a Man
- Colin Stokes: How Movies Teach Manhood
- Sam Killermann: Understanding the Complexities of Gender
Other Web Resources
- Violence Prevention Network
- Mike Messner: Many resources on men and athletics, masculinity, violence prevention.
- Implicit Bias Test: Quick online test captures “unconscious” bias for personal reflection
- To Raise a Boy: Classrooms, Locker Rooms, Bedrooms, and the Hidden Struggles of American Boyhood, by Emma Brown
- Real Boys, by William Pollack
- Delusions of Gender, by Cordelia Fine
- Raising Cain: Protecting the Emotional Life of Boys, by Dan Kindlon and Michael Thompson.
- Packaging Boyhood, by Lyn Mikel Brown, Mark Tappin, and Sharon Lamb
- The Mask You Live In Trailer | Streaming
- Tough Guise II: Violence, Manhood, and American Culture
- The Bro Code
- Miss Representation