Community resources to educate and inform.
Research on the Reducing Sexism and Violence Program (RSVP®)
- Executive Summary of the study
TED Talks and Short Videos
- Matthew Theodores and Oronde Cruger: Modern Masculinity (TEDxDirigo)
- Caige Jambor: How Social-Emotional Learning Benefits Everyone
- Tony Porter: A Call to Men (12 minutes)
- Michael Kimmel: Why Gender Equality is Good for Everyone
- Jackson Katz: Violence Against Women: It’s a Men’s Issue
- Joe Ehrmann: Be a Man
- Colin Stokes: How Movies Teach Manhood
- Sam Killermann: Understanding the Complexities of Gender
Other Web Resources
- Violence Prevention Network
- Mike Messner: Many resources on men and athletics, masculinity, violence prevention.
- Implicit Bias Test: Quick online test captures “unconscious” bias for personal reflection
- To Raise a Boy: Classrooms, Locker Rooms, Bedrooms, and the Hidden Struggles of American Boyhood, by Emma Brown
- Real Boys, by William Pollack
- Delusions of Gender, by Cordelia Fine
- Raising Cain: Protecting the Emotional Life of Boys, by Dan Kindlon and Michael Thompson.
- Packaging Boyhood, by Lyn Mikel Brown, Mark Tappin, and Sharon Lamb
- The Mask You Live In: Stay tuned for future community screenings.
- Tough Guise II: Violence, Manhood, and American Culture
- The Bro Code
- Miss Representation